Skip to main content (Press Enter).
Skip auxiliary navigation (Press Enter).
Skip main navigation (Press Enter).
on this day
between these dates
Discussion: View Thread
CA - Contracts Analyst (FISCAL ANALYST) (JO#5044)
CA - Contracts Analyst (FISCAL ANALYST) (JO#5044)
Human Resources Recruiting
Posted 08-28-2019 02:03 PM
Edited by Brukie Gashaw 08-28-2019 02:03 PM
JOB TITLE: CONTRACTS ANALYST (FISCAL ANALYST)
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO
JOB OPENING #: 5044
The Judicial Council of California is accepting applications for the position of Contracts Analyst (Fiscal Analyst) for the Branch Accounting and Procurement office in the Procurement unit.
The role includes drafting facility-related contracts and amendments; leading projects teams through the solicitation and competitive bidding process- from drafting RFx through selection, award, contract negotiations, and execution. The Fiscal Analyst is expected to provide subject matter expertise and training to internal customers and participate in the build-out of a vendor management program. Responsibilities include seeking best value for the courts in their efforts to provide safe, physically accessible access to justice for the public, and appropriate work space for staff; and partnering with legal to represent the best interests of the Judicial Council.
The Judicial Council strives for work life balance and includes substantial vacation and holiday time. In addition, we offer an excellent benefits package including pension, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending, $130 monthly stipend towards public transit commuting costs, and retirement savings plans. In San Francisco, the office is only a 7-minute walk from the Civic Center BART station in downtown San Francisco.
The successful candidate will be expected to work in the San Francisco office.
• Draft, issue, and award contracts, work, or task orders, amendments, construction change orders, intra-branch agreements, and other facility-related agreements ("Contract documents") as assigned.
• Works with contracts with individual proprietors, suppliers/vendors, Counties, Superior Courts, and legal firms, etc.
• Review contract assignment documents first to ensure necessary approvals are provided; hard copy funding documents are routed to Budgets and Accounting and electronic requisitions to Accounting for approval, as appropriate, if funds are to be encumbered.
• Input data into Oracle relating to the subject Contract documents, route the Oracle records and draft Contract documents to Procurement management for approval.
• Draft and administer facility-related solicitations, including Requests For Proposals ("RFX"), for services in accordance with applicable contracting manual requirements.
• Provide facility-related contractual support, as needed, including contract interpretation.
• Communicate with JCC Project Manager and others to capture or clarify objectives and research industry or prior history to ensure understanding of requirements to obtain necessary approvals, before finalizing any solicitation or Contract documents.
• Maintain accurate and current data in Oracle financial database and tracking status in Excel spreadsheet.
• Provide general administration, including responding to public requests for information related to facility-related contracts, and training.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree preferably in business, finance accounting, or a directly related field and three (3)
years of professional, exempt-level experience in accounting, finance, budgetary, or contract
administration. Additional directly related experience and/or education may be substituted on a year for-year basis.
Two years as an Associate Fiscal Analyst, in the assigned field, with the Judicial Council of
California or two years of experience performing the duties of a class comparable in the level of
responsibility to that of an Associate Fiscal Analyst in a California Superior Court or California
state-level government entity.
• Experience with technical contracting in a state environment
• Knowledge of facilities and capital projects
Please note: if you are selected for hire, verification of employment eligibility or authorization to work in the United States will be required.
HOW TO APPLY
To ensure consideration of your application for the earliest round of interviews, please apply by 5:00 P.M. on September 20, 2019. This position requires the submission of our official application, a resume and a response to the supplemental questions.
To complete the online application, please go to
and search for JO#5044.
The Judicial Council provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities who request such accommodation. Reasonable accommodation needs should be requested through Human Resources at (415) 865-4260. Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (415) 865-4272.
PAYMENT & BENEFITS
$6,389 - $9,583 per month
(Starting Salary: $6,389 per month)
Some highlights of our benefits package include:
• Health/Dental/Vision benefits program
• 13 paid holidays per calendar year
• Choice of Annual Leave or Sick/Vacation Leave
• 1 personal holiday per year
• $130 transit pass subsidy per month
• CalPERS Retirement Plan
• 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans
• Employee Assistance Program
• Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
• FlexElect Program
• Pretax Parking
• Long Term Disability Program (employee paid/optional)
• Group Legal Plan (employee paid/optional)
The Judicial Council of California Is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For Contracts Analyst (Fiscal Analyst) JO# 5044
To better assess the qualifications of each applicant, we will review your responses to the following questions. Please indicate for which employer you performed these functions. Your answers should not exceed a total of three pages.
1. Describe your experience soliciting, negotiating, and/or managing vendor/consultant contracts, including the size and complexity of the contracts.
2. Please describe the last three solicitations that you have completed, including your role?
3. What experience have you had with Facilities Management and Capital Projects?
4. Please describe your background in Vendor Management.
Judicial Council of California
San Francisco CA
New Best Answer
This thread already has a best answer. Would you like to mark this message as the new best answer?
Back to Top
© 2016 National Association of State Budget Officers. All rights reserved.
Powered by Higher Logic