Discussion: View Thread

MN - Budget Analyst 1, Legislative Budget Office

• 1.  MN - Budget Analyst 1, Legislative Budget Office

Posted 06-28-2019 08:44 AM
    The Budget Analyst 1 position will provide advanced level review and analysis of fiscal notes within the Legislative Budget Office (LBO), a newly created non-partisan joint legislative staff agency established to provide the House of Representatives and the Minnesota Senate with accurate and timely information on the fiscal effect of proposed legislation. Successful candidates must demonstrate the ability to: 1) develop expertise sufficient to provide fiscal oversight, financial analysis and presentation of fiscal notes for assigned budget area(s); 2) independently provide professional and objective analysis of fiscal notes prepared by state agencies and other entities; and, 3) meet with legislators, attend and monitor committee hearings and testify before legislative committees on fiscal notes.

The Legislative Budget Office is seeking candidates to fill up to four Budget Analyst I positions. The Budget Analyst I positions are unclassified, non-partisan, full time, benefits eligible positions with a recruitment salary range of $62,100-$87,500. Positions may also be offered as full-time for the months of November through May and part-time for the months of June through October. Starting salary will be commensurate with skills, experience and whether or not the candidate elects a position that is full-time year-round or a position that is full-time November through May and part time June through October.

This job posting and position description are available on the Legislative Budget Office website or call 651.297.7146 to request a copy.

The Budget Analyst I positions will remain open until filled, with initial review of resumes occurring on July 15, 2019. To ensure consideration for this position, email a resume with cover letter, to the LBO Budget Analyst I Search Committee at lbo@lbo.leg.mn or mail to: LBO Budget Analyst I Search Committee, Legislative Budget Office, B23 State Office Building St. Paul, MN 55155.

An Equal Opportunity/ADA employer

------------------------------
    Sally Olson
    Commission Administrator
    Legislative Coordinating Commission
    St. Paul MN

------------------------------