Make a Difference in Oregon's Natural Resources!Help the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife fulfill its mission: To protect and enhance Oregon's fish and wildlife and their habitats for use and enjoyment by present and future generations.
This position is with the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) located in Salem.
Do you enjoy being a resource to employees and managers and have a knack for explaining complex budget or fiscal information in plain terms, then look no further! Join the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife's team of budget professionals.
What you will do:
• Develop and monitor the Administration, Capital Improvements, and Capital Construction programs' budgets. Work with all levels of management to develop budgetary needs of existing and new activities, including analysis and forecast of revenue and expenditure trends and program modifications. Prepare written and oral summaries of base budget increases and/or reduction options and summarize into required budget format. Assist in the development of budget packages, current service level exceptions, fund shifts, narratives, and policy option package detail reports. Prepare detailed analysis, handouts, and other budget data as necessary.
• Translate the Administration, Capital Improvements, and Capital Construction programs' legislatively approved budget into operating budgets by sections, program areas, specific projects, and/or specific funding sources as appropriate. Clarify basic budget problems and present approved alternatives to program managers and executive managers. Maintain current allocation information within the Statewide Financial Management System. Reconcile with allotments and provide monthly report to program managers. Coordinate information with Fiscal Services staff to ensure monthly financial reports reflect accurate budget allocations.
• Develop and maintain monthly budget and financial status reports. Analyze accounting reports to provide revenue and expenditure trends. Identify coding errors and assist with correcting these errors. Provide information to executive managers and staff on budget and fiscal processes to facilitate an interactive and timely review process. Participate in program management meetings to assist in budget issues. Coordinate with Contract Services staff on limitation issues related to grant and expenditure contracts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
We are seeking applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and have the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Public or Non-Profit Management, Finance, Accounting or a related degree (such as Public Policy, Political Science, Public Administration, Economics or other analytical or technical degree).OR• Three years experience in management, policy or program analysis, or technical-level budgetary support activities.
Requested Skills:• Tracking and updating budgets
• Developing detailed spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel
• Working with high attention to detail and accuracy
• Projecting impact of actions on revenue and expenditures
• Applying cost allocation principles
• Communicating technical information to diverse audiences, both orally and in writing
• Developing and maintaining effective and professional working relationships
• Knowledge and experience of principles and practices of accounting, finance, and budgetingPlease note: This recruitment closes on 2/12/2020.To view a complete job posting and to apply visit: https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Salem-Headquarters---ODFW/Fiscal-Analyst-1--Budget-Analyst-_REQ-30443