Skip to main content (Press Enter).
Skip auxiliary navigation (Press Enter).
Skip main navigation (Press Enter).
Discussion: View Thread
DC - Budget Officer
DC - Budget Officer
Posted 08-16-2022 04:55 PM
Edited by Brukie Gashaw 08-16-2022 04:55 PM
Government of the District of Columbia
Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO)
$116,034.00 - $149,496.00
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) whose mission is to enhance the fiscal and financial stability, accountability and integrity of the Government of the District of Columbia is in search of a
. This position is located in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Public Safety and Justice (PSJC), Fire and Emergency Medical Services (FEMS). The incumbent plans, organizes, and carries out actions involving the total budget process; ensures effective integration of program goals; and oversees the agency's total budget planning process. Specifically, the incumbent provides final budget justification on behalf of the agency head; provides expert advice to senior management on complex matters related to the budget process; reviews, approves, and disapproves spending plans for total agency programs.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Providing liaison between the Office of Budget and Planning staff and the agency's program managers
• Assisting in the development and preparation of the budget for presentation to the Associate Chief Financial Officer, Office of Budget and Planning, Mayor, and City Council
• Developing budget implementation plans based on the approved, adopted, or temporary budget for all fund and revenue types
• Preparing the proper documentation for implementation of appropriated, intra-District, grants, and other types of revenue
• Developing detailed expenditure and revenue budget plans to acquire funds to support organization programs
• Providing direct oversight on agency-wide matters regarding the Financial Review Process (FRP)
• Developing, recommending, and implementing agency budgetary policies and guidelines for operational budgets and forecasts
• Providing authoritative interpretations of congressional and District legislation
• Developing/training budget staff to be capable of performing the latest budget techniques and skills necessary to improve and maintain performance expectations
• Performing supervisory duties and responsibilities over subordinate staff
• Performing other related duties as assigned
Six (6) years of progressive experience performing the related duties and responsibilities such as overseeing an organization's total budget process; formulating, justifying, and presenting complex multi-year budgets; and expert knowledge of budget concepts, principals, and laws to sufficiently provide expert advice and analysis concerning all aspects of the budgetary process for a complex organization.
For initial review, please submit your resume to the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Human Resources Division, located at 1101 4th Street, SW, Suite W220, Washington, DC 20024 or to
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer values the safety of our employees, our residents, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. If you are invited to join our team, you must submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to your initial HR representative, or you must request an exemption from your representative. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before working with the Office of the Chief Financial Officer.
To complete an application or for additional details related to this vacancy, please visit
and reference announcement number:
The OCFO offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, and educational assistance.
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
New Best Answer
This thread already has a best answer. Would you like to mark this message as the new best answer?
Back to Top
© 2023 National Association of State Budget Officers. All rights reserved.
Powered by Higher Logic