JOB TITLE: Investment and Treasury Officer
AGENCY: City of Ontario
LOCATION: Ontario, CA
FILING DEADLINE: August 25, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $110,136.00 – $133,868.80
The Investments and Treasury Officer will assist with the investment of the City's portfolio and the administration of the City's investment and cash management programs; perform credit analyses of corporate and financial institutions; prepare and reconcile investment income reports and develop cash flow forecasts; prepare market analysis and investment strategy recommendations; perform treasury functions such as banking, cash handling, and cash management; provide analytical and administrative support for special projects; perform other duties related to investments, revenue and cash management as required. This position may have
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
· Participate in the administration of the City's banking, cashiering, cash handling, and vault operation programs.
· Oversee the day-to-day oversight and management of the City's investment portfolio.
· Assist and advise cashiers in other departments in handling transactions in accordance with the established cash handling guidelines.
· Coordinate with departments to process incoming and outgoing wires, ACH payments, returned checks, credit card chargebacks, and returned ACH payments.
· Manage City bank accounts and execute wire transactions in accordance with City policy.
· Preparation of a variety of reports, such as the monthly Treasurer's Portfolio Summary Report, and the annual statement of investment policy.
· Perform a variety of research, analytical, and reporting activities that support the investment strategy and planning process and run reports in various software systems (the City uses Bloomberg).
· Monitor the investment pricing, market, and revenue trends.
· Research and analyze new investment opportunities and open cash investment accounts.
· Assist with and perform trade and interest calculations.
· Collaborate with interdepartmental financial project managers/analysts on revenues and disbursements, process payments to develop accurate cash forecast schedules.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
This is an exciting time for the City. The City has properties and business investments in various key areas such as Downtown/Euclid District, the Ontario International Airport, Holt Boulevard, the Toyota Arena, Ontario Ranch, Regional Sports Complex, and the Ontario Convention Center District; and directing and managing the implementation of projects and programs in these areas of the City. Ontario Ranch was the highest selling master planned community in California and 6th in the nation in 2021 and in the top 15 for the past 3 years.
The individual selected to assume this position will be expected to:
· Foster a work environment that encourages communication, team collaboration, employee development and growth; and motivates high performance and accountability.
· Assist in developing and implementing strategic plans, policies, and procedures.
· Cultivate new and continuing relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders and support the City's business and development interests.
· Enhance sustainability through efforts that advance innovation and entrepreneurship.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will be a positive and collaborative leader with effective decision-making skills who will focus on what is best for Ontario's community today and in the future. The successful candidate will embody the values of the City's Approach to Public Service – Commitment to the Community, Excellence through Teamwork, and Doing the Right Thing the Right Way. A passion for local government and a strong desire to make a positive impact on this community is a must. As this is a fast-paced and busy working environment, the selected candidate should be even-keeled and able to exercise patience and a supportive management style, with the ability to roll up one's sleeve, hit the ground running, and adapt to changing priorities. The successful candidate will demonstrate and encourage collegial teamwork and collaboration to ensure high performance and quality deliverables. A proven track record of building and maintaining positive working relationships and consistent communication throughout all organizational levels is required.
Key Attributes and Characteristics
• Excellent interpersonal skills are necessary to build positive working relationships with the City leadership, staff and partnering departments, state, and federal agencies, and other stakeholders.
• Excellent communication skills and professionalism with the ability to provide verbal and written reports relatable to various
• Solid personnel management and a positive leadership style; able to delegate authority and responsibility while promoting individual accountability and high performance.
• A collaborative problem solver who is able to form consensus, be organized and decisive, and work with a sense of urgency.
Ontario is a progressive city located in southwestern San Bernardino County, California, 35 miles east of downtown Los Angeles and 23 miles west of downtown San Bernardino. Located in the western part of the Inland Empire metropolitan area, it lies just east of Los Angeles County and is part of the Greater Los Angeles Area. The population is approximately 180,000. With sunshine and a temperate climate year around, Greater Ontario is local to all things Southern California - from the mountains to sea, deserts to vineyards, and wide open spaces; yet still close enough to urban centers, making the City a desirable destination. The City itself offers an array of restaurants and nightlife, an international airport, shopping, major sports venues, and semi-pro athletic teams. The City of Ontario boasts all the amenities of Los Angeles and Orange Counties without the expense, hassle, and traffic.
For more details about this opportunity, please visit the job brochure at: https://koffassociates.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Rev3-Ontario-ITO.pdf.
To be considered, please submit a resume, cover letter, and five work related references (who will not be contacted in the early stages of the recruitment) to: https://koffassociates.com/investment-treasury-officer/.
Resumes should reflect years and months of positions held, as well as size of past organization(s).
For more information, contact:
We invite you to learn more about the City of Ontario by reviewing the City's website: https://www.ontarioca.gov