Are you looking for the next step in your financial career? We encourage you to apply today!
The Revenue Accounting Unit is part of the Budget Services Division, within Office of Finance in the Department's Bureau of Finance and Administration. This Unit is responsible for the billing, collection, and deposit of funds due the Department. This includes generating invoices and collecting Department revenue of approximately $50 million annually; and ensuring all transactions related to Department revenues of over $800 million annually are accurately and appropriately recorded in accordance with state governmental accounting procedures and in compliance with Connecticut General Statutes.
Key responsibilities for this exciting opportunity may include, but are not limited to:
- Independently accountable for various accounts receivable activities
- Logs incoming Highway Maintenance reports of state property damage ("D reports")
- Performs daily reconciliation of mailroom sheet log to daily check deposits, ensuring compliance with CGS
- Performs monthly reconciliation of mailroom sheets/deposits to cash book
- Utilizes various modules of the Core-CT Financial system, (including Billing, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger/Commitment Control and EPM) for data entry, reporting and analyses of financial records
- Establishes customer receivable accounts in the Core-CT Financial system
- Initiates billing invoices for various modules (i.e., property damages, encroachment permits, leases, outdoor advertising, inter-agency transfers, demand deposits)
- Coordinates distribution of final notices to receivable customers
- Coordinates distribution of customer account statements for various receivable modules
- Coordinates correspondence to insurance providers for accident/damage invoices
- Coordinates correspondence and transfers files to contracted collection services vendor
- Retrieves and handles incoming unit faxes, following through with appropriate next step
- Handles or appropriately forwards requests for information from insurance providers
- Coordinates unit's shared email mailbox
- Files all paid invoices
- May perform general accounting entries including application of payments, adjustments, and write-offs to receivable accounts
- Generates/distributes aged receivable reports to internal DOT units for follow-up action
- Acts as Unit liaison to Customers, other DOT units, Collection Agency, Office of the Attorney General and/or Contract Attorney and other interested parties.
- Assists in formulating and maintaining written unit procedures
- Performs related duties as required
- This position is Monday - Friday (40 hours per week), schedule to be determined based on the operational need of the unit.
- *Due to the requirements of the duties, it is expected this position will primarily be reporting to the office on a daily basis
What We Can Do For You:
Competitive starting salary, excellent State benefits package including health and dental insurance, generous paid time off, retirement plan options, alternate work schedule options, telework opportunities, professional development and tuition reimbursement and a culture that promotes work-life balance. We also offer the convenience of an on-site, low-cost fitness center, on-site cafeteria and Electric Vehicle (EV) charging at our Newington, CT Headquarters facility. DOT facilities have ample free parking with easy access from major highways or by public transportation.
Leadership Associate - Talent Solutions
Department of Administrative Services