Do you have experience performing highly complex clerical work in fiscal and administrative functions?
If so, join our team!
Comprehensive Benefit Offerings:
- Industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage.
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings.
- Paid time off - including 13 paid holidays per calendar year.
- Professional growth and paid professional development opportunities.
- A healthy work-life balance to all employees.
- Located at: Central Office, 505 Hudson Street, Hartford, CT
- Teleworking will be available at the discretion of the Manager.
- Full-time, Monday-Friday with flexible hours.
- Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing requisitions for purchases at the Albert J. Solnit Children's Center North and South Campuses.
- Processing accounts payable invoices.
- Creating journal vouchers and credit adjustments.
- Generating transfer invoices.
- Processing employee mileage reimbursement requests.
- Ensuring that payments are appropriate and confirm to State and DCF policies and procedures.
These positions will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules. Applications to this recruitment will be used to meet collective bargaining requirements. Once any collective bargaining requirements have been met, all other applicants may be considered.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience most closely meets the preferred qualifications, so please ensure that your application is complete and details your experience as outlined in this job posting. Please note: You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system.
- This position may be subject to Federal requirements for COVID 19 Vaccination Immunization.
- For assistance in applying, please visit our Applicant Tips on How to Apply page.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
Important Next Step Information for After You Apply:
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate's obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
- Due to the large volume of applications received, the Department of Administrative Services is unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account.
Connect With Us:
- If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Anamaria Giangarra at Anamaria.firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the recruitment number.
- Follow the State of Connecticut on LinkedIn.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency, facility, or institution this class is accountable for performing a combination of basic paraprofessional work, and highly complex clerical work in fiscal and administrative functions.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Performs paraprofessional level work in fiscal and administrative activities; independently performs bookkeeping and basic accounting activities such as maintaining, balancing, and reconciling an interrelated group of accounts; independently accountable for an accounts receivable or accounts payable process including varied and complex procedures and activities; prepares simple financial statements and assists in preparation of complex financial statements; calculates rates involving complex arithmetical formulas; gathers and consolidates payroll and expenditure data for budget preparation; ensures that expenditures plus encumbrances are within appropriation limits; reviews routine expenditures for compliance with itemized budgets; utilizes EDP systems for financial records and reports; independently performs purchasing functions including preparing and processing purchase orders and requisitions, authorizing routine purchase orders, and preparing requests for proposals; independently prepares renewal or new contracts based on awards; ensures that routine payments are in compliance with contract provisions; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of bookkeeping, financial record keeping and basic governmental accounting principles and practices; knowledge of basic procedures of budget preparation and control; some knowledge of payroll procedures, purchasing procedures and contract preparation; basic interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; considerable ability in arithmetic computations; ability to audit financial documents; ability to understand and apply statutes and regulations; ability to utilize EDP systems for financial management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Four (4) years of experience in complex clerical work in one or more fiscal/administrative functions such as accounting, accounts examining, budget management, grant administration, payroll, or purchasing.
Note: Complex clerical work is defined as generally routine fiscal/ administrative work, such as financial record keeping or examining, bookkeeping, requisitioning or payroll preparation at or above the level of Financial Clerk. Descriptions of these fiscal/administrative functions are attached
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of two (2) years.
2. One (1) year as a Pre-Professional Trainee in fiscal/administrative work may be substituted for the General Experience.
- Experience working in a Health and Human Services Agency.
- Experience utilizing PeopleSoft CORE-CT or similar financial system.
- Experience with accounts payable.
- Experience working in a business office.
- Experience utilizing the Microsoft Office suite in a business setting, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams.
- Experience communicating with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
Persons having responsibility for supervising or observing the behavior of inmates or custodial individuals will be required to possess a high school diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) certification by the time of permanent appointment.
Location: Hartford, CT
Date Opened: 2/2/2023 12:00:00 AM
Salary: $62,799* - $79,907/year *New State Employees Start at Minimum
Job Type: Open to the Public
Close Date: 2/9/2023 11:59:00 PM
Apply here: https://www.jobapscloud.com/CT/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=230127&R2=1317AR&R3=001
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.