$58,591.00 - $111,741.00
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) whose mission is to enhance the fiscal and financial stability, accountability and integrity of the Government of the District of Columbia is in search of a Budget Analyst (Hybrid)
. This position is located in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Public Safety and Justice Cluster (PSJC), Fire and Emergency Medical Services (FEMS). The incumbent will have responsibility for formulating, justifying, monitoring, and developing process improvement strategies for budgets within their assigned agency's department.Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Validating the accuracy of budget requests, performing special analysis of specific budgetary programs and projects, providing recommendations and accurate budget projections.
• Coordinating with program managers and other financial personnel to obtain sufficient information to provide sustainable justification for requests.
• Ensuring that the budgets of assigned program operations are expended in a manner that achieves program goals, meets established criteria, and regulatory compliance.
• Providing continuous oversight of the program's expenditure of approved funds.
• Developing guidance and tools to increase department's ability to make proper budgetary formulations, execution determinations, and planning decisions.
• Assessing the impact of revised budget execution policy and timetables, and providing guidance to program management concerning status of funds and issues.
• Preparing budgetary documents, including tables, reports, letters and memoranda.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Two (2) years of progressive experience performing duties related to the work of the position to be filled such as formulating, justifying, monitoring, coordinating and approving budget requests; and preparing reports, analysis, and justifications related to funding matters.
For initial review, please submit your resume to Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Office of Human Resources, 1101 4th Street, SW, Suite W220, Washington, DC 20024.VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer values the safety of our employees, our residents, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. If you are invited to join our team, you must submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to your initial HR representative, or you must request an exemption from your representative. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before working with the Office of the Chief Financial Officer.
To complete an application or for additional details related to this vacancy, please visit www.cfo.dc.gov
and reference announcement number: 23-FI-PSJC-0002
The OCFO offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, and educational assistance.
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TALENT ACQUISITION ADVISOR
District of Columbia Office of the Chief Financial Officer