Government of the District of Columbia
Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO)
Director Financial System Center
$166,790.00 - $202,386.00
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) whose mission is to enhance the fiscal and financial stability, accountability and integrity of the Government of the District of Columbia is in search of a Director Financial System Center (Director, DIFS Support Center). This position is located in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO), Office of Financial Operations and Systems (OFOS), and District Integrated Financial System (DIFS) Support Center. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the DIFS Support Center; prioritizing tasks and initiatives that have cross-functional/interagency impacts and regularly evaluating activities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Developing action plans and methods to assess the needs of DIFS users on a District-wide basis
· Performing project management responsibilities for any system upgrades or modifications
· Leading and setting expectations and guidelines for project teams
· Serving as the primary lead for the resolution of all audit findings pertaining to DIFS and the authoritative business partner concerning the development and implementation of District-wide policies related to the administration of the financial system
· Conducting detailed assessments of financial data/systems to identify deficiencies and propose and implement solutions
· Performing other related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Eight (8) years of progressive experience driving enterprise resource planning efforts, developing, and managing the execution of change management and training strategies; overseeing the implementation and integration of financial systems and processes; leading business teams; conducting detailed assessments of financial data/systems to identify deficiencies and implement solutions working with the OCIO technical team; managing project groups, planning and prioritizing work for business and change management team; and collaborating, guiding and directing others toward established goals. Incumbent must also have knowledge of public sector accounting, budgeting and financial reporting concepts, principles, and laws. In addition, prior experience using and supporting an Oracle-based solutions platform with an understanding of the functionality of Oracle Cloud ERP or Oracle EBS is required and EPM or Hyperion is highly desirable.
For initial review, please submit your resume to the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Human Resources Division, located at 1101 4th Street, SW, Suite W220, Washington, DC 20024.
To complete an application or for additional details related to this vacancy, please visit www.cfo.dc.gov and reference announcement number: 23-FI-OFOS-0005
The OCFO offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, and educational assistance.
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER