Government of the District of Columbia
Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO)
$100,631.00 - $153,233.00
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) whose mission is to enhance the fiscal and financial stability, accountability and integrity of the Government of the District of Columbia is in search of an Financial Manager (Hybrid)
. This position is located in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Education Cluster (EC), Public Charter School Board (PCSB). The incumbent is responsible for the planning, operation, development, and supervision of the budgets, grants management, and financial management programs.In addition, duties include but are not limited to:
• Assists the cluster in bridging the functional needs of budget and accounting.
• Leads the budget formulation process and provides information and data necessary for budget formulation and reporting.
• Conducts studies to identify unforeseen demands on program funding.
• Develops financial policy and controls utilizing accounting and fund control systems to maintain proper financial balance and assure management obtains the maximum benefit from financial resources.
• Facilitates accounting system improvements and the design of procedural manuals, methods, and directives.
• Reviews financial analysis, audits, and/or investigations of major program operations; prepares narrative reports with substantiating graphs, charts, tables, work distribution and procedural work flow charts and proposals.
• Provides technical guidance to all levels of management concerning a broad range of organizational plans and decisions which require expert analysis and interpretation of financial data to make informed and/or on-the-spot decisions about program direction.
• Provides financial representation to a variety of audiences during leadership meetings and conferences.
• Provides advice and assistance to Agency Fiscal Officers in the development of budget requests and related supporting documentation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Five (5) years of progressive experience performing the related duties and responsibilities such as budget formulation, accounting operations, and grant management. Candidates must have previous expert level experience designing and implementing indirect cost rate proposals, cost allocation plans, and indirect cost billing.In addition
– Applicant must have a bachelor's degree earned at an accredited US institution in accounting, finance, business administration or related field such as public administration that included 12 semester credit hours in accounting. Applicants must submit an official transcript that verifies a degree and 12 semester credit hours in accounting in order to be considered. If applicable, your application package must include a course by course credential evaluation of all foreign transcripts.
Acceptable foreign credential equivalency reports must be provided by organizations that have current membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE).
For initial review, please submit your resume to the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Office of Human Resources, located at 1101 4th Street, SW, Suite W220, Washington, DC 20024.VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer values the safety of our employees, our residents, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. If you are invited to join our team, you must submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to your initial HR representative, or you must request an exemption from your representative. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before working with the Office of the Chief Financial Officer.
To complete an application or for additional details related to this vacancy, please visit www.cfo.dc.gov
and reference announcement number: 22-FI-EC-0007.
The OCFO offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, and educational assistance.
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TALENT ACQUISITION ADVISOR
District of Columbia Office of the Chief Financial Officer