$58,591.00 - $91,012.00
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) whose mission is to enhance the fiscal and financial stability, accountability and integrity of the Government of the District of Columbia is in search of a Financial Specialist
. This position is located in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Government Operations Cluster (GOC), Office of Attorney General (OAG). The incumbent is responsible for performing complex financial management, accounting support, and budgetary functions.Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Maintaining accurate accountability of department/program financial resources in compliance with policies and regulations and the overall efficiency of financial operations.
• Maintaining uniform methods and standards for the day-to-day activities which include entry of financial data into the invoice tracking system.
• Monitoring and tracking expenditures and budget execution transactions to assure adherence to established budgetary practices and procedures.
• Participating in the annual budget formulation process; performing financial analysis of agency spending and evaluating performance against the actual budget.
• Researching and resolving complex billing inquiries; reviewing and processing the agency's accounts payable and receivable transactions.
• Performing complex account reconciliations, and monitoring actions processed to ensure adherence to internal controls and regulatory guidance
• Assisting in the collection of data for external and internal audit requests and prepares draft responses for audit reports.
• Maintaining programmatic and financial documentation to support all expenditures for the submission of the Audit Report.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
Two (2) years of progressive experience performing the related duties and responsibilities such as assisting with budget formulation and preparing financial reports; tracking expenditures, reconciling financial accounts and conducting financial analysis; reviewing and processing financial transactions (i.e. Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable); and utilizing financial systems to validate and verify financial data.
For initial review, please submit your resume to Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Office of Human Resources, 1101 4th Street, SW, Suite W220, Washington, DC 20024.VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer values the safety of our employees, our residents, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. If you are invited to join our team, you must submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to your initial HR representative, or you must request an exemption from your representative. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before working with the Office of the Chief Financial Officer.
To complete an application or for additional details related to this vacancy, please visit www.cfo.dc.gov
and reference announcement number: 23-FI-GOC-0001
The OCFO offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, and educational assistance.
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TALENT ACQUISITION ADVISOR
District of Columbia Office of the Chief Financial Officer