Government of the District of Columbia Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) Senior Operating Budget Analyst $98,177.00 - $126,506.00
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) whose mission is to enhance the fiscal and financial stability, accountability and integrity of the Government of the District of Columbia is in search of a Senior Operating Budget Analyst. This position is in the Office of Budget and Planning (OBP). The incumbent is responsible for developing and monitoring mid-size to larger agency budgets. Specifically, the incumbent plays a key role in tracking and monitoring the formulation, execution, and analysis of the District's budget and serves as OBP's primary contact with agency budget and program staff. The incumbent consults with OBP policy officials, District agencies, and other government officials, presenting complex issues to managers succinctly; and conducts meetings with agency officials as a representative of the Office of Budget and Planning.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating OBP-wide projects including the preparation of analyst instructions, coordinating agency reprogramming, and evaluating agency program enhancements.
- Analyzing special programs and budgetary issues; developing budgetary options based on detailed analyses.
- Contributing to the preparation of the Mayor's annual operating budgets.
- Interpreting budget policy, coordinating and planning budget services, management of resources, and forecasting budgetary trends and activities.
- Analyzing agencies' annual spending plans, working with the financial databases to extract pertinent budgetary data, and preparing impact statements and recommending alternatives providing financial expertise, guidance, and consultative services.
- Performing other related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Five (5) years of progressive experience performing duties related to the work of the position to be filled such as formulating and developing budgets; possessing expert knowledge of budgetary administration, policy and regulations; and resolving complex budget issues.
For initial review, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the link to apply:
Vaccination Requirement: The Office of the Chief Financial Officer values the safety of our employees, our residents, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. If you are invited to join our team, you must submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to your initial HR representative, or you must request an exemption from your representative. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before working with the Office of the Chief Financial Officer.
To complete an application or for additional details related to this vacancy, please visit www.cfo.dc.gov and reference announcement number: 21-FI-OBP-0008
The OCFO offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, and educational assistance.
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
HR, Business Partner
District of Columbia Office of Budget & Planning