Government of the District of Columbia
Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO)
Senior Budget Analyst
$100,631.00 - $129,669.00
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) whose mission is to enhance the fiscal and financial stability, accountability and integrity of the Government of the District of Columbia is in search of a Senior Budget Analyst. This position is located in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Public Safety and Justice Cluster (PSJC), Metropolitan Police Department (MPD). The incumbent serves as the budget subject matter expert for the organizational entity and has responsibility for formulating, justifying, monitoring, and developing process improvement strategies for budgets within their assigned agency department.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with program managers and internal stakeholders to assist in developing the total agency budget.
- Validating the accuracy and adequacy of budget requests submitted; gathering data and making revisions that align program goals with budgetary requirements.
- Leading the development, execution, analysis and evaluation of the program annual budget.
- Providing guidance concerning the proper funding of spending requests; performing budget analysis of total budgets to prepare quarterly Financial Review Process (FRP).
- Interpreting budget policy and forecasting budgetary trends; providing resolution of matters presented by lower-grade analyst.
- Providing training and technical assistance; identifying planning areas and exercising necessary initiatives to meet the organizational needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Five (5) years of progressive experience performing duties related to the work of the position to be filled such as formulating and developing budgets; possessing expert knowledge of budgetary administration, policy and regulations; and resolving complex budget issues.
For initial review, please submit your resume to Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Office of Human Resources, 1101 4th Street, SW, Suite W220, Washington, DC 20024.
To complete an application or for additional details related to this vacancy, please visit www.cfo.dc.gov and reference announcement number: 23-FI-PSJC-0004
The OCFO offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, and educational assistance.
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TALENT ACQUISITION ADVISOR
District of Columbia Office of the Chief Financial Officer