Pay Grade: K
The Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH) is one of Georgia's four health agencies serving the state's growing population of over 10 million people. DCH serves as the lead agency for Medicaid, oversees the State Health Benefit Plan (SHBP) and Healthcare Facility Regulation, impacting one in four Georgians.
Through effective planning, purchasing and oversight, DCH provides access to affordable, quality health care to millions of Georgians, including some of the state's most vulnerable and under-served populations. Six enterprise offices support the work of the agency's three program divisions. DCH employees are based in Atlanta, Cordele and across the state.
The Department of Community Health is currently a qualified Accountant 3 position for the Grants Management section of the Office of Financial Services. This is a hybrid position that requires in-office and remote work with the approval of your supervisor. Your days of frequency in the office can change at any time during your employment based on the business needs of the organization.
Under broad supervision, performs or oversees the development, implementation and monitoring of accounting activity for a department or agency. Analyzes financial information and programs, identifies financial trends, makes recommendations to management and prepares a full range of financial reports, including specialized or non-standard reports.
- Prepares federal financial reports for assigned grants. Reconciles assigned fund sources monthly.
- Utilizes PeopleSoft Financial Systems, Georgia Medicaid Management Information System (GAMMIS), and IBM Cognos to gather data necessary to perform financial reporting.
- Prepares rerates for Money Follows the Person (MFP) Medicaid claims on a monthly basis.
- Prepares the quarterly Money Follows the Person (MFP) ABCD report.
- Prepares the Money Follows the Person (MFP) paid claims General Ledger reconciliation. Assist budget with state and federal budget submissions – quarterly and annually.
- Prepares the CMS 21B forecast report.
- Monitors and reviews activity to ensure reimbursement level is maximized on a monthly basis.
- Communicates regularly with federal funding agencies on grants reporting matters.
- Meets regularly with Revenue, Budget, and Program staff to ensure effectiveness and efficient reporting grants.
- Prepares various manual journal vouchers as needed. Serves as backup for the monthly Food & Drug Administration (FDA) invoice for Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA).
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university AND One year of professional accounting experience OR Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university AND Two years of professional accounting experience OR Bachelor's degree in a business curriculum which included completion of introductory and intermediate accounting sequence from an accredited college or university AND Three years of professional accounting experience. Note: Some positions may require certifications.
Agency's preferred Qualifications:
Preference will be given to candidates, who in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed below:
Previous work in governmental accounting or working with federal grants.
EARN MORE THAN A SALARY! In addition to a competitive salary, the Georgia Department of Community Health offers a generous benefits package, which includes employee retirement plan; paid holidays annually; vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision, legal, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, health and child care spending account.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO CLOSE AT ANY TIME ONCE A SATISFACTORY APPLICANT POOL HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT WORK EXPERIENCE LISTED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. CURRENT GEORGIA STATE GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES WILL BE SUBJECT TO STATE PERSONNEL BOARD (SPB) RULE PROVISIONS. THE POSITION MAY BE FILLED AT A LOWER OR HIGHER POSITION LEVEL.
This position is unclassified and employment is at-will. Candidates for this position are subject to
a background history and reference check. For more information about this job
contact: : http://dch.ga.gov
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Georgia Department of Community Health