Office of the State Treasurer
Please follow the link below to view the Financial Analyst job posting and to apply:
Financial Analyst: https://careers.georgia.gov/jobs/financial-analyst-37844
The Office of the State Treasurer (OST) is seeking a Financial Analyst to support investment operations. OST manages portfolios with combined balances exceeding $62 billion.
The analyst will be expected to interact effectively with OST division directors, as well as senior management and should have good communication and presentation skills. The candidate will be expected to be a strong team player with ability to work collaboratively, yet also have the ability to work independently.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Develop and maintain financial models (primarily in Excel) on an ad-hoc basis. Models will often be scenario driven and include trend analysis.
- Assist in decision making with clear financial spreadsheet reports which summarize decision points, but which also allow for drill through discussion.
- As directed, support LGIP activities.
- Provide effective PowerPoint presentations, including (with direction) those to be used in senior board and external presentations.
- Research and collect financial information from various sources including general web searches and data licensed though financial information reporting services.
- Create or synthesize data tables, including with use of X-lookup and Index/Match.
- Other financial management support duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of related experience OR completion of an apprenticeship/internship that sufficiently supplied experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position OR any other combination of education and professional experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the job.
Preferred Qualifications – External
- Bachelors' degree in a business related major (Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Statistics)
- Computer Skills: Excellent proficiency in MS Excel; good knowledge of MS PowerPoint, MS Word
- Ability to navigate and report information using analytics or credit monitoring software, with minimal training
- Experience in financial modelling
- Experience in finance, investments, or corporate credit analysis
- Certification in Microsoft Excel
- Exposure to/or use of analytics software
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools
- Experience with Excel macros
• Low: $41,268
• High: $68,469
• Salary will be dependent on experience and preferred qualifications