Please use the link below to learn more about the Office of the State Treasurer Banking Services Officer position and to apply:
The Office of the State Treasurer (OST) is currently seeking an experienced and dedicated professional to serve as Banking Services Officer. OST supports state entities for banking and financial activities as well as local governments. The position will report to the Director of Banking Services and interface with a team of professionals from other business units within the OST, other State Entities, and banks. The Banking Services Officer will also assist the Director of Banking Services with oversight of the state's Merchant Card Services Program, Secure Deposit Program, and the Deposit Placement Program.
- Assisting agencies in obtaining new bank accounts and banking services
- Monitor OST Bank Fee Program to maintain advantageous use of earnings credit rate vs investment earnings on bank balances. Track and oversee all bank services paid for by the state treasury.
- Use available software and online services to analyze and monitor bank fees
- Obtain and verify bank fee schedules annually for participating banks
- Overseeing agency banking services compliance with banking policies and procedures, as well as bank compliance with the state's Secure Deposit Program.
- Assist state agencies in optimizing their banking relationships by consulting with agencies regarding ongoing cash management needs and ensure efficient cash management practices. Assist these state entities by proposing and helping them implement program improvements.
- Support the oversight of the Secure Deposit Program and Deposit Placement program, including maintaining applications, renewal documentation, and monthly reporting
- Monitor banks for financial qualification
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (in business, accounting, finance or closely related field/major) AND four years of professional level experience
- Strong team player with ability to foster teamwork
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage cross functional projects and meet assigned deadlines
- Knowledge of bank cash management services, systems, and reporting
- Ability to analyze bank pricing proposals for banking services
- Knowledge of bank agreement and account documentation
- Knowledge of financial compliance reporting
- Knowledge of treasury management services; especially deposit activities
- Office365: Word, PowerPoint and Excel proficiency with spreadsheet preparation and analysis
- Three years of experience in banking treasury management and or banking financial compliance
- Experience in treasury services working with institutional clients
- Data and Information Management skills
- Knowledge of Merchant Card banking processes and services
- Knowledge of collateral management in support of public deposits
- Treasury management training and certification
Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance or a closely related field from an accredited college or university AND Four years of professional level experience in accounting and/or a closely related fiscal activity, Two years of which in a supervisory, administrative or lead worker role.
OR One year of experience required at the lower level Mgr, Accounting/Financial Svcs (FIM010) or position equivalent.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.
Applications accepted at Team Georgia Careers
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or email. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the hiring agency.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
OST is an equal opportunity employer
When applying for this position, you will be asked if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as stated below and may possibly be presented with additional questions to assess preferred qualifications. Preference will be given to applicants who meet one or more of the preferred qualifications and have demonstrated experience clearly indicated in their work history.
Treasury Services Director
Georgia Office of the State Treasurer