Do you enjoy preparing financial reporting, data, and analysis for moving forward program objectives and deliverables?
Ripple Effect is looking for a Senior Accounting Manager with 9 years of experience to support our client's mission. This role will work closely with the Ripple Effect's team to supervise accounting staff in the day-to-day operations of the accounting functions, including AP/AR, ledger maintenance and revenue recognition, as well as leading all financial planning and analysis, reporting and ERP enhancements.
If this position sounds of interest, there's a place for you here at Ripple Effect! We are a diverse, progressive, and engaging work environment. We offer a multitude of incentives and flexible work options that work for you and your lifestyle.
- Supervises accounting and payroll staff members and ensures staff complies with organizational accounting policies and procedures.
- Compiles financial data and prepares monthly financial reports of company performance for briefing to Sr Management.
- Works with the CFO to establish the annual Ripple Effect operating plan and reports on monthly and year-to-date variances to that plan.
- Analyzes costs, revenues and financial commitments to be able to maintain a current forecast of business results and model what-if scenarios.
- Working with the accounting team and external consultant as needed, functions as a JAMIS subject matter expert responsible for ensuring the system is configured to support the business including company set up and user set up, as well as answering Ripple Effect user questions.
- Oversees the timely completion of the monthly accounting close process, including verification and sign-off on all accounting entries.
- Ensures on-time creation of monthly project invoices, processing of semi-monthly payroll and accounts payable, oversight of treasury functions, including providing bank with required information in support of credit line.
- Ensures that project or department milestones and goals are met while adhering to approved budgets.
- Manages relationships within the organization and with clients to ensure timely processing and payments and addresses complex issues.
- Develops and implements accounting processes and procedures to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the team operations.
- Using external resources to research accounting principles for proper GAAP accounting treatment.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
- 9 years of relevant experience
- Requires CPA certification or equivalent experience
- Experience with JAMS accounting or JAMIS ERP, Deltek, Unanet, Dynamics, or other ERP Systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to present to senior management.
- Supervisory experience
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, as well as working knowledge of MS Office Products.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP accounting practices.
To be successful at Ripple Effect, you must be able to pay attention to details, clearly communicate, work independently, and have an eagerness to learn. Learn more about what it takes to become a Rippler here.
Skills That Set You Apart
- Five or more years of Government Contracting experience
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting
If you don't have all of the skills above, don't be discouraged-no resume paints a complete picture of a person. There's a good chance you're more wonderful than you think, so please apply!
Ripple Effect rewards our employees for their contributions to our mission in many ways, from competitive pay and exceptional benefits to a range of work/life programs based on your employment classification and personalized preferences.
Ripple Effect is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, political affiliation, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the hiring process, please let us know by contacting our HR department at HR@rippleeffect.com or your recruiter. Eligibility for employment will be verified using E-verify.
<main class="styles--2d3Fz" role="main">
9600 Blackwell Road, Suite 210
Rockville, 20805 MD