This position will support six (6) divisions; Commission on Fire Prevention and Control, Connecticut State Police, the Emergency Management and Homeland Security, Police Officer Standards and Training Council, Scientific Services, and Statewide Emergency Telecommunications in a wide range of financial and fiscal services.
DESPP is committed to protecting and improving the quality of life for all by providing a broad range of public safety services, training, regulatory guidance and scientific services utilizing enforcement, prevention, education and state of the art science and technology.
The Fiscal/Administrative Manager 1 will lead the Business Office within the Fiscal Services Unit encompassing fiscal disciplines including but not limited to: Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Asset Management and Personal Service Agreements.
In addition, this position will be the liaison to agency leadership as it relates to the Business Office optimization and modernization efforts.
This position is full-time, 40 hours per week, scheduled Monday to Friday, located at 1111 Country Club Road in Middletown, CT. A hybrid schedule is possible based on eligibility and operational need.
What we can offer you:
State of Connecticut employees participate in a competitive benefits plan
- Excellent health and dental coverage;
- A generous retirement plan;
- Paid time off;
- A healthy work - life balance!
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Schedules, assigns, oversees and reviews the work of staff; provides staff training and assistance; conducts performance evaluations; determines priorities and plans unit work; establishes and maintains unit procedures; develops or makes recommendations on the development of policies and standards; interprets and administers pertinent laws; acts as liaison with other operating units, agencies and outside officials regarding unit policies and procedures; coordinates fiscal functions including budget preparation and management, accounting and financial reporting and analysis; assists in planning and implementation of financial aspects of EDP systems; utilizes EDP systems for financial records, reports and analyses; prepares programmatic fiscal/administrative analysis and impact statements on proposed regulations and legislation; supervises and coordinates a variety of administrative functions such as grant administration, payroll, purchasing and contract administration; in addition to supervising fiscal/administrative functions may supervise support services; in a facility, in addition to the above, may insure conformance with related standards of TJC, OSHA, Environmental Protection and other regulatory agencies; performs related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Nine (9) years of experience in a combination of fiscal/administrative functions (e.g., accounting, accounts examining, budget management, grants administration, payroll, purchasing) at least one (1) of which must be an accounting function. Descriptions of these fiscal/administrative functions are attached.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been supervising professional level staff.
Note: For state employees this is the level of Budget Specialist or Fiscal/Administrative Supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in public administration, business administration, or accounting may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
The preferred candidate will possess:
- Experience overseeing fiscal/accounting staff;
- Experience establishing accounting policies and procedures;
- Experience administering procurement activity, including purchasing and accounts payable;
- Experience administering asset management program;
- Experience reviewing and verifying complex financial documents, reports, and statements;
- Experience reviewing and verifying postings to appropriate ledgers and subsidiary accounts;
- Experience preparing and reviewing GAAP reports;
- Experience modernizing business operations;
- Experience creating business and operational efficiencies;
- Experience using a full range of Microsoft Suite specifically; Microsoft Excel spreadsheet development including managing data, using formulas, exporting data, developing charts/graphs, using VLOOKUP, pivot tables, macros and other advanced functions.
Applications Due by 10/5/2022
Apply here: https://jobapscloud.com/CT/sup/BulPreview.asp?R1=220921&R2=0914AR&R3=001&Viewer=Admin&Test=Y
State of Connecticut