Are you a Workers' Compensation professional who enjoys analyzing claims data?
Are you passionate about public service?
If so, read below & apply today!
The Role: DAS is committed to administering the State of Connecticut Workers' Compensation Program to be current with the standards of an ever-changing industry. The main objective is to achieve the delicate balance between cost effectiveness for our organization and the delivery of a responsive program to our injured employees. The goal is to empower and support state agencies to meet the established operational procedures within the program as well as assisting them to promote a culture of safety within their respective workforces. The State of Connecticut Workers' Compensation Program is centrally administered through DAS. DAS contracts with a third-party claim administration company for all claim adjusting services, the physician provider directory, and all supporting managed care services to the program. The DAS Workers' Compensation unit has the responsibility for oversight of the Third-Party Administrator. This role is critical to our mission, statutory obligations, and program goals.
Discover the Opportunity to:
- Analyze claims data using Excel Pivot Tables and Access.
- Process Workers' Compensation claims utilizing PeopleSoft to prepare and analyze wage audits.
- Coordinate and oversee Workers' Compensation third party administrator.
- Attend Workers' Compensation hearing and file reviews.
- Display thorough knowledge of CT Workers' Compensation laws.
- Support State agency's safety mission by coordinating loss control initiatives including injury prevention.
What We Offer: Our office is centrally located in Hartford, CT alongside the Connecticut River with walkable access to museums, a science center, and great restaurants. As a State employee you will also enjoy:
- Outstanding medical and dental benefits supporting your health and wellness.
- The ability to begin planning for your future with excellent retirement plans and defined contribution plans.
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time, and twelve holidays.
- Interested in learning more, check out our benefits page.
Leadership Associate - Talent Solutions
Department of Administrative Services