About the Department of Natural Resources (DNR). At DNR we approach our work through the lens of making Washington a better place environmentally and are dedicated to serving Washington’s lands and communities through diversity, equity and inclusion. With nearly 1,500 employees in locations throughout Washington, we manage and protect more than 5 million acres of state-owned forest, range, commercial, agricultural and aquatic lands.Our Vision – Our actions ensure a future where Washington’s lands, waters, and communities thrive.Our Mission – Manage, sustain, and protect the health and productivity of Washington’s lands and waters to meet the needs of present and future generations.Our Core Values:
DNR provides excellent benefits, a few of those include:
- Safety and Well-Being —Our top priority is the safety of the public and our employees.
- Public Service —We value and respect the public we serve, and we value and respect the people of the Department of Natural Resources who step up to serve.
- Innovation and Creative Problem-Solving — We solve our state’s most pressing challenges through innovative thinking, dedication, and bold and creative vision.
- Leadership and Teamwork —We are committed to building leaders at all levels and building teams for success.
- Commitment to organizational health and wellness
- Work/life balance
- DNR Employee Resource Groups (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council, Women’s Employee Resource Group, Veterans Employee Resource Group, etc.)
- Statewide Employee Business Resource Groups, visit here to learn more
- Leadership that empowers and supports employees
- Professional development opportunities
- Educational and career development aid
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Eligibility
- Opportunities to participate in wildland fire suppression assignments
- A comprehensive benefit package that includes employer contributions toward health insurance, paid holidays, retirement plans, sick leave and vacation days. Visit http://careers.wa.gov/benefits.html for more information.
- To be considered you must apply online at www.careers.wa.gov (Click on the APPLY button above). You must complete the entire online application to be considered for the position.
- Attach a letter of interest describing how your experience and qualifications relate to the position profile and the position required, desired and special requirements.
- Attach a resume describing your experience and qualifications.
- Provide three to five professional references – you may attach a document, use the References text field in the online application, or include with resume.
- Complete all supplemental questions.
This recruitment may be extended and may also be used to fill future similar vacancies for up to sixty (60) days.
Veterans wishing to claim Veteran’s preference please attach a copy of your DD-214, NGB-22 or other verification of military service. Please black out your social security number prior to attaching. We thank you and are grateful for your service!
The Department of Natural Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, veterans, military spouses or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Persons needing accommodation during the screening process or this announcement in an alternative format may contact DNR Recruiting staff at (360) 522-2500 or (360) 522-0143 or by email at DNRrecruiting@dnr.wa.gov
. Those with a hearing impairment in need of accommodation are encouraged to contact the Washington State Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) at 1-800-833-6388 or www.washingtonrelay.com
. Check us out on: DNR’s website
| WordPress Questions?
Please contact Yvonne Pitrof at email@example.com
, 360-902-2897 or e-mail us at DNRrecruiting@dnr.wa.gov
Once you submit your online application, you can check your status by logging into your account. If you experience technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application call NEOGOV toll-free at (855)524-5627 or email CareersHelp@des.wa.gov